This course is about Procurement (Purchasing) and Strategic Sourcing. The learning objectives are:
1) The student understands the principles of category management.
2) The student can apply supplier relationship management strategy to suitable procurement categories.
3) The student is able to apply the central theories, tools and models for developing the procurement function and acknowledges the different ways to organize sourcing.
4) The student is able to create a risk map and gap-analysis and find development topics in procurement.
5) The student is able to create effective risk management strategies for procurement.
6) The student is able to evaluate possibilities for early supplier involvement (ESI) in new product development and understands the importance of stakeholder management in ESI.
The course will take place over 4 evening lectures on Tuesdays:
20.04.2021 17:00-20:00 and
Lectures will be recorded but in person attendance is strongly recommended.
There will be one assignment on the course. Lectures will be conducted on Zoom and all the materials will be on these Moodle pages.
- Teacher: Mikko Kivistö